Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
pin code reading

5907 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-30 03:03:29

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-13 02:38:38
      support when are we going to get pin code reading put in as a function......

because before to long we wont be able to do much without it

ford has already gone online programming for 2010 and later vehicles even for people with a genuine tool soon they will not be able to do any because ford are restricting it to main dealers only and the tools are now ip locked........

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-13 10:43:00 (Reply to:busaman)

Sadly I'm thinking, OE functions like  immobilizer key programming  , PIN # access , keyless entry pad # retrieval are disapearing , being quietly removed because Liability lawyers are scaring the sh@t out of the company management with what if scenarios that drug money from gangs is putting our scanners into the hands of car theft rings and makes it possible for someone employed part time at Shady Joe's Tire shop to sit in a car during lunch break and play for an hour and program a remote for himself, get the keyless button code of the vehicle, or program a key for himself to gain entry to a vehicle at a later date or steal the vehicle at an opportune time.
      I've known some Shady Joe types that work for dealers and locksmiths too , but the public's got a false Illusion that their vehicle security is better entrusted to car dealers and lock smiths that generally won't want your car, but will bend you over real good and steal your money!

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-13 11:16:04 (Reply to:witsend)
     well i have been in the car industry for 35 years and i can honestly say i don't know of any person or garage being involved in the stealing of a customers car or any other car for that matter.

but the truth is if someone wants your car bad enough its gone.  and they will make equipment to be able to do so (it is already out there if you look)

also the manufacturers in the infinite wisdom seem to think a wireless transmission is a good way to lock a car ie BMW,RANGE ROVER,MERCEDES,FORD,ETC it is them that made it easy to steal

what ever was wrong with an old fashioned key and steering lock with a transponder it worked.

if you want the pin code you can get it by reading various ECU,s so i don't see the problem.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    bamdera136

2015-09-15 01:33:47

All shes

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-16 00:38:40 (Reply to:bamdera136)
     ??????????

I take it there are only 2 people wanting to be able to read pin codes come on guys if you dont make it clear to autel that we need this function nothing will ever get done.....

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-09-16 02:48:39 (Reply to:busaman)

If you search, you will see a lot of my post were I request that function to.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-16 05:21:00

As for Ford, the current version can only support to read outcode, the incode needs to ask from 4S shop. 

For reading Pin code for Open&Vauxhall, it is now under development, which will be available in end of this year.

As for reading security code for VW&Audi&Nissan, we also schedule to develop it. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-16 07:07:14 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     support thank you for your reply and keeping us up to speed with what is happening you will find most of us don mind a bit of a wait as long as you keep us informed (most important)..

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-16 07:09:14 (Reply to:Pedro)
     i know Pedro... i just wanted to push it to the top again otherwise it might just get swept under the carpet again keep up the good work..

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-09-17 05:46:23 (Reply to:busaman)

I understand. But I think that they are making a great effort to put that special functions in the tool.

Yesterday I have read a Pin Code in a Nissan Note from 2014.

Total2 Pages